Monday, July 5, 2010

Doting Dotees

I made a beaded dotee that had to be as embellished or beaded as possible. I figured that a really colorful fabric would work best for this.

I used some leftovers from my Guadalupe pillows. She also has a very heavy wooden beaded hanger, and a red ribbon tail.

Before Embellishing

After Embellishing

The back.

I got these roses as an extra in a swap. I think they are EXCELLENT for colorful dotees.

Note the keyword... "colorful". I also had to make an all black dotee. This was VERY difficult to embellish. I bought some mostly black fabric, I had some black ribbon, and I received the velvet ribbon in a swap. I used t-shirt fabric for the face.
Here is the before embellishment:

Then I did around the face with kind of black beads. Then the body beads. The hair is just embroidery thread. The face... is terrible. I could not embroider black on black to save my life.... ugh.

The face close up. I'm going with the store that this dotee is depressed because she was in an accident that scared her face. This happens too often. I need to work on my embroidery. Or maybe make the face BEFORE I sew it on the body. Yea. That is what I will do from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment