Friday, November 13, 2009

Short Scarf

I'm finally done with one of my many projects, a short scarf!
This took me a long time, maybe 2 and a half weeks, but I don't have much free time to work on it lately so it shouldn't take that long if you can dedicate some time.


I cast on 44 stitches
I alternated knit 2, purl 2, knit 2, purl 2

this is what the scarf looks like unstretched

and stretched out!
I did this the entire length of the scarf until I got to where I wanted the button holes to be.
I just measured by putting the scarf on my neck every so often. This is going to be different for every person depending on how tight you want it and what type of yarn you use, and what size needles. Mine was about 23 inches until the button hole row.

I followed this video on how to knit button holes. It was pretty difficult! Watch the video LOTS of times before attempting this. Then you still have to watch the video while doing it...


The video shows how to do a 3 stitch button hole. I needed a large hole so I actually did a 6 stitch hole. Just modify instructions to fit your button. My buttons were about an inch wide.

After knitting and purling a little more (I did about 4 inches), cast off.

Then add your buttons! The length of my scarf required that I have vertical buttons with horizontal holes.
All done! Here is the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment