Thursday, August 30, 2012

My hands free device

It was funny of me to think that after having a baby that I would be online everyday with enough energy to post about things, or craft, which hasn't really happened aside from the 1 quilt I made for my little niece.  Buddha (the name I guess I will call my baby here online, the name I came up for him today) is 2 months old now, and a good baby.  I feel like today I just figured out his schedule and will now be able to have time to post online possibly more often.  I'm sure the nature of my posts will change from crafting to mamahood, but that's alright, because sometimes they go hand in hand.  It feels good when you feel like you've figured out your baby.

My motherhood thought of the day today was that strollers are not my thing.  I understand that they are a wonderful way to get your baby around places, and especially easier once they are larger.  For me, I don't feel like myself when using a stroller.  I feel lazy, and like I take up a lot of space.  I went out with my SILS this past week and as I pushed the stroller in stores and knocked things off shelves and bumped into people and things I realized - I hate this.  When I go to the grocery store, I need my cart so I can carry groceries.  When I go to the mall, I don't want to bump into things.  I have never been tolerant of strollers, and I don't know if I ever will be.

I got so many crazy stares today at the mall, and even comments about me carrying my baby.  "I wish someone would carry me like that", or "You should be using the automatic doors!" Sales clerks offering me more help than I could ever need, and not offering any to the stroller moms who were bumping into me and knocking things off shelves.  We will see once my baby is too big to carry, but that is many many months away. Maybe I will turn into a stroller mom. For now I will carry my baby, and carry my bag, and a drink too, just cause I can, and I want to.




No comments:

Post a Comment