Friday, August 31, 2012

my experience with gDiapers

Before little Buddha was born we had made the decision to use gDiapers.

Once he used up all this tiny newborn disposables, we jumped right in.  There was only one problem, the leaks.  He leaked all the time, almost every time we put a gDiaper on him.  We were very discouraged.  Honestly, we were ready to give up and go to disposables.  I felt terrible.  I wanted to love gdiapers.  I did not want to throw away that many diapers in the trash to sit in the earth forever and ever.  I stuck it out until I felt like something must me wrong with what I was doing.  It was the diaper, it was me.  I knew that.  In all the ads for gdiapers, the diaper went all the way up the baby's back, covered his belly, and looked... bigger. I tried yanking them up every time, like they say you should.  Didn't really do much.

I thought about moving up a size, but I didn't think that was right.  Buddha was only 11 pounds.  He should be in the small diapers until at least 13 pounds.  This is what he looked like in his smalls at 11.5 pounds.
Finally, we were gifted a set of mediums and I decided, hey, why don't I try the medium diapers out.  They seemed so huge.  I had tons of the small inserts left so I decided to use the medium outsides with the small liner.  Guess what, he looked better.  And guess what, we haven't had a leak since. Here he is in his mediums.  He even looks happier.

 

What did I learn?
-I have a tall baby.
- Don't worry about what size things are, just go with what fits.
- Don't give up.


Things you really have to remember :
Its not easy at first
It gets very easy
You are helping out the environment
Don't buy a lot of size small
Don't put them on tight
Don't expect to save money if you use the biodegradable inserts
Don't worry about the sizing, go with your gut

What I needed most during this time was people with gDiaper experiences to be there to help me.  So if you are considering gDiapers, ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment