Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cloth diapering and potty!

It has been so long since I posted but I wanted to get you all ready for my series of posts coming up about making your own cloth diaper inserts, potty training, and more.

We just got back from a 3 week vacation and have gotten back into potty using full swing.  Baby boy is almost 11 months old and I noticed his diapers needing to be changed less often. I put him on the potty a few times, and he goes almost every time, and is almost always pooping only on the potty.

Because of this, I have decided to switch to all cloth diapering. With only having to deal with pee, it seems doable, and that little twinge I was getting in my stomach about using those flushable inserts has been getting bigger. It was seeming more and more wasteful and more and more difficult on the pocketbook.  

I've gotten a couple cloth inserts, and I like them. I'm waiting for some more in the mail (charcoal bamboo), and will be making some of my own with some of the extra prefolds that I had laying around that we never got to using as burp cloths. We are still using the gdiaper covers, which I still love because they are well fitted compared to other one size covers.

I'm feeling great about it all and it looks like baby is too!


No comments:

Post a Comment