I'm back from a bit of a break from blogging, but I have been busy.
I haven't documented most of it, but luckily I received a new camera. I've been waiting for a card reader and it finally came today so now I'm able to show what I've been up to for the last couple of weeks.
I made some yarn bowls! This is a process that I will hopefully do again with more order, and different yarn. We'll see how much the recipient likes them.
I started off with a lot of fibers that I had lying around. Thick and thin string and yarn with lots of textures. They were cut and soaked in glue and placed on a balloon to dry.
They sat for about 2 days, and then I popped the balloons. This has to be done really slowly because it will pull the edge fibers out of place.
They will hold anything that sits in the bottom of the bowl. Such a cool product. When I do this again I will place the yarn in specific patterns and shapes.