Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Little Munchkin Skirt

I don't know if you all noticed, but I've been absent for a while. I have just been crafting my butt off. I had accomplished so many things in the last few weeks!

Also, I've added buttons to the bottom of my blog so you can "like" or whatever facebook thingy you like depending on if you like the post or not. I'll take any feedback I can get!

It was two of my little buddies' birthday last week. They both turned 3. Truly amazing for them. I figured I would make personal gifts, for the munchkin, a tutu skirt based on this link :

See Samster Mommy's Tutu Giveaway Here!!!.


it is a truly wonderful, well written tutorial!

For the dude, a fireman pillow. But more of that later, this is about the skirt!

I picked out some amazing (and not so cheap) fabric, and got a half yard of each. This lowered the cost an eliminated a ton of leftovers. My drawer is overflowing. I picked out an embellishment for each layer of fabric and set to work.
Added embellishments to each layer

The layers are only sewn together at the waist, so I sewed it inside out, then added the elastic. This part was the most difficult because i measured according to the tutorial, and not all little girls are created equal. I ended up having to open up the seam and cut out about 6 inches of elastic.
The waistband

I added my tag!

All the layers together

The final product. Looks better in person....


In the end, she loved it, and wore it to school the next day. At least until she decided that she wanted to be Sleeping Beauty, ripped off her clothes, and put on dress up clothes. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment