Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pillow for a little fireperson

As mentioned earlier, I created a fireman pillow for a little dude friend. I picked out some firetruck/ambulance/things that make noise fabric ,red fabric, and set to work.

First I cut the fabric to size. I wanted the bottom 1/3 of the pillow to be plain red, so I cut the print fabric a little short, then added the red with pins of the same width. Then i sewed these together.


Next I ironed it all (I usually don't. I know, I know, I should... but I don't). Then, out of the leftover red fabric I cut out a "B"(that's his letter), which was then pinned and sewn onto one side of the print fabric.


Finally, I sewed it all together inside out, left a little space, filled it and filled it with silky soft polyfil (the best!). The I sewed it shut.

Regrettably, I did not take a final photo with the regular camera.

I was told that he has now replaced his 'lovely' with this pillow, and sleeps with it at night. Awwwwwww...

No comments:

Post a Comment