Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Here is a delicious version of the old Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.


Preheat to 350.
Mix together:
1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup dark raisins
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup zante currants (not a currant) -----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zante_currant
(you could substitute dried cranberries for the Zantes. Maybe I'll try that next time....)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Set that mixture aside and get a different bowl
In the other bowl mix :
6 tbsp room temp. butter unsalted
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar


Mix until combined well, then add
1 large egg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Combine wet mixture and dry mixture. I had to use my hands for this.
I don't like using the mixer once the flour is involved because it tends to make cookies more tough. The wooden spoon just didn't cut it.
Next, take heaping spoonfuls and place onto two baking sheets.
I came out with 22 cookies.
After having your mounds place a pinch full of mixed raisin mixture on top .
Bake for 12-16 minutes. I needed the whole 16 minutes! I usually take my cookies out a little early but these didn't work that way.

Done.



No comments:

Post a Comment