Monday, November 5, 2012

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting

For my fall dinner I made these pumpkin cupcakes that I adapted from this recipe.  The frosting was from this recipe.  They turned out awesome.  I think the best cupcakes I ever made.  Not too sweet, a little crunch. Perfect.


You need - 

1 cup flour
1tsp baking poweder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used fresh)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (original recipe asks for allspice)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I always use olive oil...)
2 large eggs
1tsp. vanilla extract (always use the real stuff)
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Steps

PREHEAT TO 350 degrees

1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices
2. Add in pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.

A lot of time people will mix dry and wet separately, then combine later.  I don't really want to dirty TWO bowl (lazy), and it always works out just fine for me.  

3. Stir in pecans.  I crushed mine even smaller in the blender before adding.
4. Scoop into lined cupcake pan about 3/4 full. 



Bake for 22 minutes.  Let them cool for a bit, take them out of the pan, then cool them completely.

FOR THE FROSTING


1 stick of col unsalted butter
1 8oz pack of cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp of REAL maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp of cold heavy cream

Mix it all together.  I used my stand mixer with the whisk attachment.  Worked wonderfully.

The frosting can be put on the cupcakes any way you like.  I used a pastry bag.  

Finally, top with whatever fall decorations you like.
Here are mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment