Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yummy Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe

You will need:

Soup pot
10 tomatoes
olive oil
4-6 cloves garlic
1 onion
tsp fresh oregano 
tbsp fresh basil
2 cups veggie stock
salt and pepper
1/3 cup cream

steps


you will slice your tomatoes 
place face up on a pan
place cloves of garlic there with the tomatoes
drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Bake in oven at 375 for 1 hour.

Afterwards, you can let it cool, or use right away.  I roasted in the AM for soup in the PM.

Place tomatoes and garlic with all the juices from the pan in soup pot over med/high heat.
Chop your onions and add them to the pot.

Add your herbs.  I have these two growing in my garden, consequently, so they are easy to get!  Just hop out the back (or front) door.

After you feel like the ingredients are to your liking, add your stock and bring to a boil.

Add salt and pepper to taste.  I don't think I added any, and it didn't need it really.  I always forget this step...

After the pot has been boiling for at least 20 minutes, immersion blend your soup.  You can strain it, but why?  Thick soup is yummy!

10 minutes before serving add you cream and mix well.  

Its ready!

You can add a little sprig of basil on the top for decoration.  This went really well with the bread i posted about yesterday!

The original recipe calls for chicken stock, but we are vegetarian, so I substituted an olive oil/veggie stock.  It also calls for butter, but per my husbands request I omit butter from almost all recipes...

ENJOY!  This soup is so yummy and perfect on a cool fall or winter day.


This soup serves 4, as a appetizer serving.  You can increase the recipe accordingly.

adapted from this recipe

1 comment:

  1. oh yum.. I just made something similar last week. It's Sunny Anderson's recipe on FoodNetwork.. it includes roasted onions and a variety of peppers for an added kick.

    ReplyDelete