Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Santa Hat!

The past couple of weeks I've been crocheting a ton, trying to make gifts for the babies in my life.  Usually when I get a new pattern it takes at least one try to get the sizing right, because most patterns are usually off.

I'm on my 2nd attempt at Santa hats, one of which I will be sending off to my niece soon. Just needs a pom pom and some shaping.

Here is the pattern if you are interested. When stretched a bit the white brim just needs to be measured for your child's head circumference (don't follow the pattern).  The rest of the pattern works just fine :)

 The pattern for this hat was SO off, calling for 37 stitches across for a 6-12 month old.  I ended up with 53 for my niece's head circumference, which means my boy will need a bit more...

The package will have a couple other surprises, that I will hopefully get some photos of!

I've got quite a few other projects, one of which I can share with you all one I begin, and that is a crochet Hobbes.  The rest are gifts and will be shared after xmas.

I am glad to say that I am done with my xmas shopping for my little one, and my niece (babies are VERY easy to shop for) and even though I felt like I was being conservative, bought way to many things for their first xmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment