Fits most 6-9 month olds.
- 1 small ball of white
- 1 small ball of red
1. In white - Magic loop. Double crochet 10 times in loop and tighten.
2. Chain 3. Double crochet 2 times in each dc. Join with top chain.
3. In red - chain 3. double crochet in first loop 2 times. Double crochet once in next loop. Repeat until end of row. Join with top chain.
4. In white - chain 3. dc twice in first loop and once in next two loops. Repeat until end and join to top chain.
5. Chain 3. dc in first loop twice, and once in the next 3 loops. Repeat until end and join to top chain.
6. In red - chain 3. dc in each loop once. Join to top chain.
7. In white - chain 3. dc around and join.
8-9. In red- chain 2. single crochet around and join. These two single crochet rows make a sightly smaller band then a dc would.
10. In white - chain 3. dc around and join.
11. In red - chain 2. single crochet around and join.
12. In white - chain 2. Single crochet around and join.
13. In red- chain 2. sc around and join.
14-18. In white - chain 3. Double crochet, then front post dc. Repeat around and join. Fpdc can be confusing, but watch youtube videos and feel free to ask me questions!
You can make 17 rows instead of 18 if you want a shorter cap depending on the child's head.
To add a bow
Chain 16 or so. Whatever length you want your bow to be. Sc until end, chain 1. Repeat in back loop only for 9 rows. Less for shorter bows. Join middle with yarn and secure.
There you have a candy cane baby hat, for a boy or girl!