Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Moby baby carrier

When I was pregnant with Griff, I received a huge bag of hand me downs from my neighbor. Included was her moby wrap. I had wanted one of these and they aren't cheap, so I was very grateful.

After G was born I used the moby all the time. Walking around the neighborhood, at parties, grocery shopping... It was so great that I went and bought a white one off of Craigslist. It was summer and the black was hot.

I also had an ergo carrier but G was too small and I didn't have the infant insert. Now he is big enough and I love my ergo even more than I loved my moby, but as I prepare for our first family cross country trip I debated packing my moby.

G likes to face forward and I knew that the moby was my only option. I had heard negative things about carrying heavy kids in the moby and baby is at least 18 lbs now. I figured I'd give it a try before packing it. I'm tough and pretty strong so I figured I could do it.

All those women were right. I couldn't do it. Baby was comfy, and it wrapped well. I decided to do some work in the kitchen while carrying him and after 5 minutes my back was hurting. That will not work for a day in NYC.

Looks like I have one less thing to pack, and the mobys will sit in the drawer until the next little baby comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment