Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Appreciation and Laundry!

Today I decided to do a load of laundry with 'for sale' items. For my etsy page. I always wash everything before I put tags on everything, and snaps on the bibs. I like the fabric to shrink together. It always looks better that way, in my opinion.

A while ago I got a huge shipment from the fabric store with all the materials I need to make seven blankets to sell. After the blankets I will still have cotton for burp cloths and bibs, in three of the patterns. Yesterday I finished one of these blankets. Here is a little preview before it goes in the shop (hopefully tomorrow):


And here is my line up of materials to make more!

Its exciting work to come ahead. I love making all of these things, and honestly, want to keep them all! So far, I haven't had one internet sale, only through word of mouth. I can't wait for that day to show people how proud I am of the work I do, just by sharing it with them.

Today my mom said to me when I told her I spend whole days making these things : "You can just go to Wal-Mart and get it cheaper". I know that the appreciation for handmade goods is out there somewhere. Do you have it?

No comments:

Post a Comment