Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Garden Beginnings

I've spent the last week working on the garden, and really trying to focus on making it a livable space. When we moved in it was overtaken by weeds, vines, and bug eaten roses. It took a couple days, but I pulled it all out (sorry, didn't think to take pics), and put in a planter box in the back.

I built it all from scratch! Its still not finished, but the work that needs to be done is minor.
Around the planter box, I planted grass. It still hasn't sprouted, and I'm not feeling very positive about it. Its been over a week, watering twice a day... I may wait a couple more, then write the company for a refund. The planter box is waiting for soil.

Along another wall I planted blueberry bushes! We went to Wal-Mart to check out the quality of their outdoor furniture, and they had these bushes for 50% off! They look pretty good to me!

I planted four along the wall. Working on a budget is hard because you can only do a little at a time, so its looking pretty barren. In time...

No comments:

Post a Comment