Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there. My mom came and visited me today. She is amazing because she has to drive 2 hours each way to come here, and it is something I wouldn't do just for one day. Even a whole weekend barely warrants 4 hours of driving.

Did I mention I hate driving?

We went to the Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market because my Mom loves that type of thing, and I was looking for purple vessels for my wedding. We found... NONE! Amazing that after 3 hours of seeing every booth we literally found no purple things. There were lots of amazing things in other colors, but no purple or pink or gray.

I did find a few pieces for inspiration though :

Other half has requested a new change dish, and I found this awesome one, but he wants sections for phone, keys, wallet, misc.

I'm really into ships lately. I've been really wanting to make one out of paper mache and fabric, but I think I will make one in ceramics first.
And this... his head comes off.
And we bought one thing that cost $1

Crystal Mud Software Ice
They come as tiny minuscule balls (think smaller than Dippin' Dots). You add water, and 6 hours later, they are ready to use as soil for indoor plants. I asked the guy about nutrients, and he had no answer, BUT these balls make it so that you only have to water your plants once every 3 weeks. And they are pretty. And cheap. And come in lots and lots of colors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment