Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ships are Fallible, I say.

I realize that I haven't posted in a while. Mainly it is because I am busy with ongoing projects and the end of the school year approaching. I have to finish the school's staff handbook, which I'm not really looking forward to. Plus we are in the process of hiring new teachers, which is depressing because I like the OLD teachers.



Right now I'm working on a whale swap. It has to have two types of whale related items.

I'm going to create some custom whale stationary and possibly a plushie...
This is the whale stamp I am going to carve for the stationary. Its a Sperm Whale! I think I may add a ship on there to make it "Moby Dick" themed... I'm really into ships lately....
I'm also working on an ocean related embroidery swap. I'm doing a ship!

The quote is from this Joanna Newsom song:


"We sailed away on a winter's day, with fate as malleable as clay, but ships are fallible I say, and the nautical, like all things, fades".

I may carry it on, but so far, that is the part of the song I am using.

No comments:

Post a Comment