Monday, September 19, 2011

Music Monday and A new Machine

Today's song, off the new beirut album. Loving it much and even more than the first one.


My sewing machine officially bit the dust this weekend. Last week, if you remember, I called the repair shop and they quoted me $50 minimum to send out the machine, plus the cost of whatever parts I would need. I looked up my machine online (I received it as a gift) and it was about $70 originally. There was no way that I am going to pay the same price to repair a machine that it costs new. So, I tried to take apart my old machine to no avail.
I just couldn't do it. I took a trip down to JoAnn's Fabric thinking that the sold sewing machines, I think they normally do...
So in this JoAnn's there is a separate little shop inside that is a Viking Husqvarna sewing machine dealer. I tried out the machines just for fun. Their middle of the line was sewing like I've never experienced it. Truly amazing. I had no intentions of buying anything there. I figured I'd go home, get another $70 machine online and call it a day.

This is where my amazing husband comes in. He just says, "Ok, we'll take it", and my jaw drops, and we sign the papers and before I know it, I have a brand new sewing machine. Don't you love him? I sure do! He knows I "need" it. Its my favorite thing to do when I have a day, or free time. I've been trying to start up my business and its going well (minus the 2nd 'real' job that takes up all my time).

Are you ready?
Dun Dun Duuuunnnnn
I unpacked it, set it up, and sewed a little. Its a dream! I love my new machine. I know it will probably never break, and I know I'll be able to do a lot more with it than I could in the past. It comes with a free class that will teach me all I need to know about using it. I'm so excited!

While I was drooling over my machine I accidentally left the door to my craft room open and my dog secretly came in. I've been keeping him out of there because I have my quilt pieces all set out on the floor waiting for me to sew them. He took this opportunity to come right in and do this:
As I took this picture I was yelling at him.
"Get up!" "Out!" "Off!" "Bad DOG!"

This is what my dog does when he is in trouble
How can you be mad at such a cute gremlin?

1 comment:

  1. Wow Anna that machine looks awesome! I bet you can sew anything with it. Jer bear is such a sweety

    ReplyDelete