Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Old crochet blanket

About 2 or 3 years ago I learned to crochet granny squares. One day I started crocheting a square, and I never stopped. The blanket was put on hold for a while in leu of other interests, but I've brought it back out again to work on while watching tv. I'm hoping to finish this ball of yarn, and then add the edging.

So far this blanket has one huge ball of yarn, and about half of another. I suspect I've got quite a ways to go.
The corners
What the main part of the blanket looks like
The leftover part of my yarn ball.
I'd like to finish off this blanket with a granny ripple in a different color, but i'm not sure this can be done. Does anyone reading have experience with this?

I'm thinking an olive green blend would look nice on the edge of this blanket. Maybe blue... I'll have to explore.

Here is a tutorial I found on doing a granny ripple

After a little bit of research, I decided on purchasing this book that has been on my wishlist for a while.
Now I can "shop" for a border once I get this book. I'm excited for some new dainty thing I've never seen before!

On another note, I start my new job tomorrow. I am excited, but also will miss being at home. The crafting will have to take a backseat for a while, but I'm hoping that by planning in advance, I will still be posting often.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment