Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Organizing Baby's Dresser

When I began this project, the dresser drawers look like this :

I had drawer organizers from Ikea that I had purchased that fit well in the larger drawers for separating different types of clothes.  This was a good opportunity to put away the things that had been outgrown, and make it so I could easily find items.

The newly organized hat drawer

I didn't take before photos of the other drawers, but imagine everything thrown in unfolded.  Now check it out!



The key is to separate by type.  I have a section for pjs and bibs in one drawer.  Then, pants and shorts in the other.  Pants and shorts are separated by the drawer organizers.

On the bottom, short sleeve onesies, long sleeve onesies, and t-shirts.  The item in between are light cardigan type things he will never wear.

I also like folding everything so that you can see each item.  That way you don't have to search through ALL the onesies to get the one you want.  It makes it easy and keeps things organized.




*Dresser is the Kendall from Pottery Barn.  We like it so far, and its a plus that you can remove the changing station as baby gets older.  

No comments:

Post a Comment