Monday, October 29, 2012

Cricut Cards

A while back I received a Cricut machine as a gift.  It looks like this :


Basically, its a machine that cuts paper based on cartridges that you buy.  For instance, you get the animal cartridge, you can cut out animals.  These cartridges aren't cheap ($20-$60), so I try to get them when people give me gift certificates to Michael's.  The more shapes it cuts, the more it costs.

I'm not great at using the cricut because I don't have the patience to wait to cut out tons of layers, nor do I want to waste lots of paper to make one tiny piece a different color.

That being said, I really like the Cricut, and I use it a lot.  I make cards with it all the time, and little embellishments for gifts. I even bought a cartridge that gives you the pieces to make great 3D flowers.  It is really easy to use, too.  You stick in the cartridge, and the keypad (each cartridge comes with a different keypad), punch in what you want to cut out, slide in the paper, and the machine does the rest!

Here is the front of a card I made this weekend using the "Create A Critter" cartridge.  See what I mean about the lack of colors...




No comments:

Post a Comment