Thursday, August 11, 2011

Finished Vegetable Garden

At the beginning of the week, as you know, my mom came and visited and she had the motivation to help me with finishing my garden in the back.

We added some stepping stones (as you can see, I gave up on the grass), bought some plants on clearance, and filled my box with soil!!! I'm so excited about this planter box and whats to come. I planted some things Tuesday night, and considering the location, should be good with some last minute summer crops. We even got the sprinklers working, but not perfectly, so I'm still watering with the hose until I can perfect it.

I planted hot peppers, onions, two kinds of tomatoes, peas, zucchini, beets, carrots, cilantro, and cucumber. I think my chocolate peppers have sprouted as well! I made some little signs that should hold up for a little while, to remind me of where I planted everything.


Also, the donated peach tree is now sprouting some new leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment