Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weekend Hiking Trip

Last weekend my husband and I were invited to go to Idyllwild on a hiking trip. We jump at the chance to get away, especially when we can bring our dog and lodging is free! We stayed in a beautiful home overlooking the mountains. We went on a hike that took us to El Toro Peak. The drive was treacherous, and the hike steep. I don't think I've ever been so car sick in my life! The view was worth the one time trip!

At the top of the peak there were all kinds of radio towers. You can see the Salton Sea from here, it was huge!

Another view. You could see the whole Coachella Valley in the distance. Its where I grew up, so it was neat seeing it from up here.

Trees and flowers on the hike


And one of the dog in the house. He is not a hiking dog, to say the least, so he stayed in the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment